May 21, 2009

Hello! My Name Is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare To Die.

I'm imaginative. I think outside the box. Unfortunately, because I'm so busy, I don't have a lot of time to pursue my creative hobbies. It would be so... well, Heavenly (for lack of a better term) if I could have more time to work on my songwriting or stand-up comedy or stand-up songwriting comedy.

Last night it was the Missus' turn to pick the movie for our traditional Wednesday Watinée (I came up with that. Told you I'm creative). She picked The Princess Bride. Great movie. One of my favorites. Remember the part where Andre the Giant said, "Anybody got a peanut?" Classic!

As we were watching it, I got to thinking. Maybe I could pull a Dread Pirate Roberts. I could find somebody to replace me, pull a little switcharoo, and retire. Because, like Westley says in the movie, it's the name that really matters.

Oh, retirement! It's a tempting thought. I'd have so much free time to perfect my stand-up songwriting comedy that I bet I could even be better than FotC. Or maybe... maybe I'd write movies. I do love movies. I have this great idea for a script, actually. Yesterday's Watinée inspired me. It's kind of like The Princess Bride meets Terminator meets Goonies, set to the music of Sonic Youth. I think it could be a big hit.

4 comments:

Red Shoe Artist said...

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favourite movies.. and one of the most quoted in my house
'to blaaaave, which means to bluff'

Val'n'Ben said...

Miracle Max "Go away or I'll call the Brute Squad."
Fezzik "I'm on the Brute Squad."
Miracle Max "You "are" the Brute Squad!"

Nick the Geek said...

Princess Bride is the best movie and according to facebook, which means it must be accurate, I am best defined by this 80s classic.

As for retirement, I'd apply but I know I'd be terrible. Bruce did a better job than I'd do. Although I could harass Moses for you. I'd totally rock at that.

Unknown said...

Hey God, I am presuming being as you are all-knowing that you already know about the Flight of the Conchords, if however they have manged to sneak under your halo, they might help you on your way to becoming the greatest ever stand-up songwriting comedian! Here is a youtube vid of them in action, they're genius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64