November 25, 2008

Patience Is a Virtue

Pete and I were hanging out over by the Pearly Gates the other day when this old guy showed up wanting to get into Heaven. He stood there for about .12 seconds then he walked right up and tried to open the gate himself.

Pete and I watched the guy struggle with the lock for a minute, then I said, "Hey, geezer, what's your hurry?" He gave me some sob story about how he was trying to get to his wife because she'd been waiting for him in Heaven for years and how he missed her so much and blah, blah, blah.

When he was finally done with his story, Pete and I went back to our game of backgammon. The old guy asked if we were ever going to let him in. "Pete's on his break," I told him. Then the old guy understood. Turns out, he was a union man himself, back on Earth.

0 comments: