April 27, 2009

I Have A Confession

I don't often get emotional. Sometimes it makes people think I'm cold or uncaring, but that's simply untrue. I care so much that I have to put up a wall in order to keep my caring from getting out of control. You have to be made of pretty tough stuff to have my job. You have to stay focused. Logical. Rational.

I mean, because I know everything that's happening always, I'm pretty much on a constant emotional roller coaster. It's like living in the last 10 minutes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition all the time. There's a constant barrage of happiness and sadness hitting me 24/7, and if I reacted to it the way a normal person would I simply wouldn't be able to function.

But all that aside, I can't help but tear up a little every time I hear Kermit sing "Rainbow Connection."

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

This explains so much. Thanks.

katdish said...

I don't even have a clever remark to respond to that. Which is unusual, because I almost always have a clever remark. (But I guess you already knew that.)

BTW - We're good. You can stop the rain now.

Ryan said...

I always cry during the 'Rainbow Connection.'

I find it odd though that GOD would, because the Rainbow Connection is clearly a disguised allegory for the gays, and God created Adam and Eve (and their hot gay neighbor Steven), which means he's against gay marriage, ergo God shouldn't like the Rainbow Connection.

And Kermit the Frog is married to Miss Piggy.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why God gave us the swine flu - the gays.

nollyposh said...

awhhh mE tOO x