May 20, 2009

Just A Little Reminder

Okay, guys, come on.  Let's use our prayers wisely.  Before you waste both your (and infinitely more importantly) MY time with a silly prayer, take a moment to think about what it's really supposed to be for.

Please, pray to me about big life decisions.  Pray to me when you're sick, or when you're worried, or when you're feeling especially happy and grateful about something.  Pray for help finding your keys so you won't be late.  Pray before taking a big exam or to calm your nerves before a presentation at work.  I don't even mind if you pray that your favorite bakery hasn't run out of Cinnamon Swirl cupcakes because you've had a crappy day and want one really bad.

But seriously, stop praying for magic powers, you nerds.  I'm not going to make you invisible.  I'm not going to make you fly.  I'm not going to give you the ability to communicate with animals.  What do I look like, a giant vat of radioactive goo?

3 comments:

katdish said...

I am forwarding this post the Nick the Geek immediately. He's so annoying...

Darius said...

What....please please please i need to be invisible and be able to fly! c'mon!

Nick the Geek said...

hold on, I have never asked God for mutant powers. Ok sure I was watching Wolverine the other day and thought, "boy it would be cool to have a nearly indestructible skeleton and mutant healing powers" but I didn't pray for them.

I may have asked my wife if I could irradiate several insects and animals then antagonize them into biting me though.