November 12, 2009

Happy Birthday, Universe!

Wow, I can't believe the Universe is already 6,013 years old. I remember Creating it like it was yesterday.

I know, I know. You think I'm a few weeks late. Because once again you think you know me or how I operate better than I do. The Missus is always telling me that when I made people after my own image they inherited my arrogance. My mistake.

But despite what every rational, Me-fearing person on Earth believes, the Universe was not created on the night proceeding October 23, 4004 BC. It was actually around 2 pm on November 12, 4004 BC. James Ussher was close, but he failed to take into account how quickly Adam rushed through the whole naming-the-animals task. I mean, maybe if he had taken an extra couple of weeks Adam would have come up with something better than "aardvark."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of all of Life's mysteries, the one that boggles my mind the most is the double "a" at the start of words. Can you please explain this to me? Thanks, Big Guy!

kenny said...

hey God whaz up?there is so much of the end of the world thing at 2012!
i was thinking,since no man knows
the time date hour of your return,
should i be concerned?thanks.have a
good n'

JML said...

I realize "aardvark" is a strange animal, but do you remember what you made them look like? Oh God, you're a funny One.