December 15, 2008

Monikers

Remember Bandit? Turns out, he's, like, the best dog ever. That poor dumb canook kid is really missing out. I know it's not exactly 'kosher', but I took a liking to Bandit so I've kind of... kept him... rather then sending him along to Dog Heaven. And I don't care if it's against the rules. What's the good of being God if you can't have it your way all the time?

Bandit really is an awesome dog, though. He plays fetch and tug o' war with me, and we have so much fun together. But I'm not sure I'm crazy about the name. Bandit? Seriously? It's too commonplace, not nearly special enough for a dog as cool as he is.

So I've been trying to come up with a better name for him. But naming stuff has never been my strong suit. That's why I left it up to Adam in The Beginning to name all the animals and stuff. If it were up to me you guys wouldn't be "humans" but "two-legged furless things that can talk". If I'd had to name everything it wouldn't be the "lamb" lying down with the "lion" at The End, but the "fluffy white little knock-kneed oh my Me that's adorable" lying down with the "that guy needs a haircut but check out those teeth!"

So as you can imagine, I'm having a hard time coming up with a new name for Bandit. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Leon
Gary
Phil
Saint Jim
Finster?

The Ironic Catholic said...

St Bandit

JonAli said...

my wife calls her dog "Gog" but of course you already knew that.

Unknown said...

Bandit is a good name, my friend had a dog named bandit.