December 14, 2008

I Am SOOOO Busy Right Now

I can’t even remember the last time I had some good, quality “me time.” I’ve just been so swamped lately. I got so caught up last Thursday that I nearly missed ‘The Office.’ Thank Me for TiVo, or else that would have really ruined my day.

I’ll be honest, when I took this job I didn’t think it’d be like this. I thought after the whole creating the universe thing I could just stick it on autopilot and it’d be smooth sailing. But you people are constantly making decisions that are contrary to My Plan, and it throws the whole thing out of whack. I’m constantly having to make small adjustments just to keep Earth from barreling headlong into the sun.

And it keeps getting worse. I don’t know how much longer I can keep up, to tell you the truth. All the wars and natural disasters and advances in science are just too much for me. Seriously, I’m considering just scrapping this whole thing and starting over.

Maybe all I really need is a vacation. But I just don’t think I could risk taking a vacation right now. The world would literally fall apart. That hurricane a few months ago? Extended bathroom break. My bad. Imagine what would happen if I took a whole week off. But if I could just take a little break, clear my head, maybe I could figure out a way to fix this mess.

Maybe I could get someone to cover for me. Jesus is always offering, but I just don’t know. He’s so determined to do everything exactly MY way. I don’t know if it’s a confidence issue or what, but it’d be nice to see him take a little initiative sometimes, you know? Show some creativity. Plus, I don’t know where I’d find the time to train him without getting behind on everything else.

Whoa, did you feel that? I hope that wasn’t…. whoops! Oh, well. Nobody’d ever heard of that country, anyway. *sigh* I guess I’d better get back to work.

0 comments: