April 15, 2009

You're A Valued Part Of This Team

Sometimes it seems like all I hear is "Why does the world work like this?" and "How come the world doesn't work like that?" No matter how many things I do right, somebody's always got to nit-pick over the teeniest little things that they perceive to be wrong.

Well, rest assured, your complaints don't fall on deaf ears. And after a few thousand years of keeping the Universe functioning perfectly well by doing everything my way, I've been thinking. Maybe I need to be a bit more open to taking your constructive criticisms under consideration.

Never mind the fact that I know everything. I'm sure your ideas about how it should never rain on the day you wear your new shoes, or how they shouldn't build a new coffeeshop on the corner because you were really hoping for an antique store, or how we should take jellyfish and add 3% more water to them to make them just water and therefore easier to get on with, will do nothing but make the world a more pleasant, wet place.

I want you to feel like your input means something to me. So, please, gripe to me one more time about how unfair it is that your windshield got hit by a rock a mere two years after you paid to have it replaced and how that must mean I'm punishing you for something insignificant. In fact, you know what? Here. Here's the Universe. Do with it as you will. You'll probably be way better at it than I am. I'm sure you'll be able to please absolutely everybody all the time.

5 comments:

nollyposh said...

COOL!!! i'm starting with more frogs and butterflies! X:-p! and then rain... definitely more rain! oh and the war thing *POOF!* none of that anymore, oh and no starving children *ping* or battered wives or racism or disease or...
Hmmm but maybe you're right... ~NICE~ but where would be the LESSONs in all that then?...
Bit pointless having TWO Heavens... right???
And here i am the Lord and Master of ~everything~ and still talking to myself...
Okay you can have it back... too noisy anyway, all those prayers and stuFF... (sheesh, no wonder you have a sense of humour!) x

Mandy said...

Hey God, :)

No thanks. You do just fine. I try not to complain. :) Mostly my prayers are just for simple things like an abundance of money and good health. :) If you wanna make those things happen, it would be great.

You're awesome.
:) Mandy

Anonymous said...

God, it keeps raining on the weekends here in the Midwest, which is totally unfair. We don't need rain, that's why we have garden hoses!

Therese said...

Hey God,

Have you seen that movie? Bruce doesn't do very well as you. I think you are perfect for the job. Please don't give it to someone else.

Unknown said...

Can you sort out bank charges? I hate banks!