June 18, 2009

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

I am sooo behind on answering prayers. It's actually one of my favorite parts of the job, but it's so time-consuming that I tend to put it off and put it off and put it off while I do other small projects until my inbox is absolutely overflowing.

Luckily, seeing as how I'm Me, I can answer prayers retroactively. Just because I didn't get your prayer about helping your sick sister get better until today doesn't mean that I didn't answer it last week.

It's a good thing my answers aren't subject to the constraints of time. I don't remember the last time I was caught up enough to answer prayers as they came in. I mean, I could easily keep up with all of it, but I don't really want to. Mostly this is because I like to keep just enough stuff piled in my inbox so that when Moses comes in wanting to 'chat' I can just cast a meaningful "I'm really busy" kind of glance at the big pile waiting for me and he won't stay as long.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, I wish I could do that , God. Care to tell us how it's done?

Miss Thystle said...

so I really DID win the lottery! Thanks God!

Lorrie Veasey said...

Dear God-
that's ok. I was pretty sure your answer to my last prayer was "Not Now" anyway.