June 17, 2009

Don't Be Sore Losers

Pete, Gabriel and I play in Heaven's 3-on-3 basketball league. We got to pick our own team name, so obviously we're called The Best Team in the League. True, it's a long name, and it was a little hard to fit when we were writing it on our league t-shirts with sharpies, but at least it's accurate.

Plus, it's just really cool when you're just out getting some pizza with your boys and you overhear someone at the next table talking about how their team is going up against The Best Team in the League.

Yesterday we played The Turkeys: Benjamin Franklin, Henry IV, and a really sweet guy named Carl. WE KILLED THEM. Final score: 217 - 6. But while Pete, Gabe and I were doing our victory dance, Ben and Hank started grumbling about how "games against God's team shouldn't count in the bracket" and nonsense like that. They don't think it's "fair" for me to "play basketball" because "I control the Universe."

Pfft. Please. There's no need to be such a sourpuss about it. I mean, just because I'm God and I have Godly Powers and never miss a shot doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to play just like anybody else. I just have certain natural abilities. Nobody ever called Michael Jordan a cheater just because he's so good.

4 comments:

Belle Epoque said...

Don't trip over your shoelaces there Godzo...

Unknown said...

Go Carl!

Anonymous said...

Is it true that MJ taught You how to play? That's what Larry Bird said after Jordan scored 63 pts against his Celtics.

And while we're on the subject, I love Larry Bird. He's an absolute basketball hero, but did You maybe make a mistake when you dropped that nose on him?

Satan said...

Another year of you NOT asking me to join in.